So I have some relatives here who are having their house repo'd today. It's very sad, but I guess that's what happens when you don't pay your mortgage bill for 11 months. Not really a surprise. The surprising thing is that I have been given permission to go in and dig out as many plants from their yard (which I landscaped 2 summers ago) as I can carry in a day. That's pretty sweet, although really sad also. Regardless, I spent about a month breaking my back to put them all in 2 years ago, so it'll be interesting to see if we can get them all out in a day.
Update: Left behind most of the irises and half of the lilac and 2 dwarf spruce trees as well as all of the landscaping rock (I couldn't afford to kill my back lifting them), but I did get about 5 rose bushes, all of the tulips, some irises, 4 lilac stems, and assorted herbs as well as the Japanese Maple. I think it turned out as well as it could have under the circumstances. I tried to leave enough behind that the house wouldn't looked scarred, although I'm not sure that means much considering the looting that was going on indoors by the relatives of the husband. Utah Housing will be getting a house with no light fixtures, bathroom cabinets, blinds, or interior doors. I kind of think that's a little shameful to leave the house in that condition, but I guess I can't judge seeing as I did the same thing, although in fairness I only took what I planted in the first place from our 2007 IHC raids.
Such a twisted situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment