So I realize that my chances of winning this magazine contest are slim to none, especially since I'm sure I'll be competing against some heavy hitters in the blogosphere like her, or her. Still, though, I've checked out some of the blogs of these ladies and I think I might have a shot. In order to prep for the impending photoshoot, I've been doing a little DI'ing (that's D-I-ing, not dying) and have already used up nearly a full can of Krylon metalic champagne spray paint. I have also invested a little of my hard-earned moolah at Roberts AND Michaels on some white flowers and candles. To top it all off, I have been washing and drying about 5 yards of muslin, which will soon be turned into some epic throw pillows and one show-stopping tablecloth.
Now to tackle the mantel. I've been seeing this little beaut in homes everywhere.
I could kill myself for not being the first person I know to own this poster because of it's socio-cultural importance and because it would be a really rad excuse to have a large graphic with a crown in my home. Of course now I can't buy it because that would mean jumping on a bandwagon, and I truly hate bandwagons. I still really want something that has the same feel as this graphic, though, and perhaps something WWII-ish. This is the best I have come up with so far:
I really dig it, although I'm not super excited about the color scheme. Maybe I can photoshop it a bit and come up with something more appropriate to rest atop my fireplace, like this:
It's a U.S. Gov PSA that was hung all over to remind people of what to do in the event of a bombing raid. The original was a really long banner, and I just condensed it down into poster-sized proportions. I like the message, and the subtle reference to air raids because I usually feel as if I'm in the middle of a nuclear blast. Fun!
In combination with my quilting project, this week is shaping up to be pretty killer.



No comments:
Post a Comment