So I just got back from Mexico last night. Late. I'm SOOO tired and I have to work today, which is dumb. Details of the trip will be forthcoming.
What's even dumber is that apparently the roof of the 80 year-old building I teach in leaked (thanks to a massive snow and rainfall over the break), and I now have a giant lake in the middle of my classroom epicentered around my desk.
You know what, though? It's funny. I left a ton of books and papers on my desk which by some miracle didn't get destroyed. A few of the papers got wet, but not ruined, and only 2 or 3 books got wet. Not even wet, really- just a little damp. My printer has water spots on it, but works fine. Most of the little items on my desk were clearly watered, but nothing shows any damage at all. The puddle and subsequent water splashes ended just about an inch or so in front of my cart of text books.
The real miracle in all of this is that my laptop, which would have been destroyed, was at home. I never EVER take my work laptop home, but the last day before vacation I was inspired to bring it. So I did, saving it. Another miracle? I had a large cardboard box of children's books on the ground by my desk, clearly in the middle of the water. Inside was probably around $100 worth of literature. In a cardboard box. In the middle of a giant puddle. On the floor. For about 1 week and a half.
Nothing got wet. Not even damp.
Not even the book on the bottom.
What could have been a very large disaster for me ended up being a minor nuisance. So although I'm not exactly excited to back behind the desk today and in front of the children, I'm extremely grateful for the little miracles that continuously remind me that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and is always watching over me.
2 comments:
thanks for the reminder. :)
Those are miracles! I'm so glad everything was dry.
Post a Comment