Well, today was eerily calm compared to yesterday, but let's back up.
Everything went great yesterday. Brendan's flight made it without a hitch and I picked him up right on time. We had plenty of time for him to get back here and me to give him the tour before I had to take off to my appointment. He got settled in and I took off to the clinic.
Things went well. The doctor was very professional and never once hinted that I was crazy or just too fat (I mean, c'mon. I'm a size 12, people! It's a little big for my age, but seriously!?). Dr. Slater got right down to business and we talked about my previous experiences, went over my bloodwork from the last endochrinologist (the one who implied I was a hypochondriac and told me to drop 40 pounds immediately). She answered a lot of questions I had and gave me a diagnosis that put together all of the pieces. We made a plan and we're moving forward with it.
After I came home from that, we had meatballs and cheese tortellini with pesto sauce for dinner and I gave Brendan a tour of the town. We stopped at Hawaiian shaved ice for dessert and ended the evening by helping him start to look for jobs. There are some great prospects for him, so we're pretty optimistic. He's a great kid and is very sweet and helpful. I'm very glad he's here.
Today he helped me work in my classroom all day and I helped him write resume's and cover letters to apply for all the jobs we found yesterday evening. I took him out to Taco Riendo for lunch and introduced him to real Mexican tacos. He was very excited, but not as excited as he was when we made a tri-tip and Greek Cucumber/Tomato salad for dinner. Yum yum!
So that's where we're at now. I have one more day of freedom before I go back into meetings on Friday and back to class on Monday. In unrelated news that is also somehow totally related, Ana announced today that she is actively looking for apartments and may be moving out as soon as Saturday. Wow. Huh. There you go.
Ah, summer. How I will miss you...
1 comment:
Congrats on the good day! I'm glad your brother's having fun. I'm so glad the doctor's appt. went well!
Post a Comment