Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sisters!

Today was a lot of fun. It was my sister-in-law Ana's baby shower. Ana is having her first baby (it's a girl) in about a month, and we're really excited because she's the first baby born in the family since Andrei. Yikes! My husband's family is pretty much the opposite of  mine when it comes to the whole procreating thing. Children are few, far between, and tremendously spoiled. I used to be totally opposed to it, but I'm reconciling. The fact that the baby is the first girl born in the family since Grecia (Luis's youngest sister who happens to be 19) is an even bigger deal. So the baby shower was really well done. The food was great, the decorations awesome, and the company greatly appreciated. 
My favorite guest was *my* sister Emily, who I freakin' love. Emily lives in L.A. and we don't get to see each other enough, although we talk on the phone enough to make up for it some. She's in town for her husband Brent's niece's baby blessing. I always love when Emily comes because she's hilarious and she totally "gets" me. Anyway, we spent most of the afternoon giggling about ridiculous nonsense, which is just the way I like to spend my afternoons. 
Between Ana's party and Emily's visit, today was a lot of fun. While she was here I made Emmy take a bunch of photos of my garden which is in full bloom. I'll post some as soon as they're developed. Ems also took some pictures of Ana to chronicle her pregnancy. Ana is a really tall girl and has always been self-conscious about that, even though I don't get it because she's totally gorgeous. She hasn't allowed anyone to photograph her pregnant because she claims that she looks like a very large berry most of the time, so when she found out Emily was coming she insisted that I have Emily bring her camera so that she could have some nice portraits done. I think they'll be adorable. 
So this is my last weekend of freedom before I have to go back to work at my "real" job. I'm glad it was a good one. 

No comments: