Monday, August 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Today is my last day of summer vacation. What a strange, wonderful, heartbreaking, life-changing three months it has been. I feel so odd walking away from my responsibilities at home and going back to work full time. I know it's for the best, though, at least for now. Mostly I will miss having my boy with me all day every day. Who gave him permission to be old enough to start 4th grade?
Anyway, it's time to go end our summer with our traditional hike up the Y. Get a little perspective, you know? Then we'll do some back to school shopping and chill out for the rest of the day at the public pool.
What are your family's back to school traditions?

3 comments:

Shasta said...

I have been missing your posts! For back to school we already did school shopping then we will have one last adventure at the train army is weekend ....how was the sista sleepover?

Megan Johnson said...

I go spend a fortune on stuff for my classroom, and Cam buys me a back-to-school plant. Some live, some die, but he still keeps buying them! LOL

Brent and Emily said...

Usually at this time of the year, we are planning one last quick vacation before Brent has to get serious about studying. We're still planning the trip but there's no studying. Woot! I'm not sure it's fully hit me that he's done...