Saturday, November 20, 2010

Seriously Awesome

So I've been trolling all over the internet for ideas to inspire me in my kid's room overhaul and I saw the coolest thing of all time... a wall-mounted library display.
I so seriously want to do something like this in the boy's room, but how? Where? How large?
Sigh. I wish his room wasn't exactly the size of a closet. Seriously. It's more or less the size of my mom's walk-in. I get so sick of this stupid house with it's postage stamp-sized bedrooms sometimes. But I will make this happen. The dream of a wall-mounted library will come to fruition, one way or another.
Huzzah!

4 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!!

Please tell me you also noticed how the books are organized by color. I'm so doing this someday!

melissa said...

Of course she noticed that. It was the very first thing I noticed...and drooled over! Jake and I have both always dreamed of having a library room with built in shelves on all the walls, but it never occurred to me to do it in a kid's room.

Camille Farias said...

Melissa is correct. It was pretty much the first thing I noticed. I don't think I'm controlling enough or anal retentive enough to attempt to keep a kid's library color-coded, but it sure does look pretty on the wall. I mostly like the idea because a: it makes reading more accessible and visually prominent in his life and b: most children's books these days have such beautiful cover art that it trumps any other type of artwork I can scrounge up to display in the boy's room. The idea of functional art makes me so super happy. The fact that it's literacy-oriented makes me even happier.

Ben and Mel said...

I just may have to do this... KEep you posted!