Friday, November 12, 2010

Coming Soon...

So last night I was wrangling with the idea of creating an online recipe box. Nothing fancy- just typing up all my recipes.
This was inspired by the fact that I got a new recipe box from the NEW Hobby Lobby down the street from my house (OMG! How have I lived this long without having a Hobby Lobby nearby!?!?!?). I've needed a new recipe box for some time because my hobby of recipe collecting has kind of gotten out of control. The problem is that the new box is approximately 3/4 inch thinner than my old recipe box and old cards, so now I'm stuck with the task of either cutting down all the old cards or typing them up and printing them out.
I figure while I'm at it, I might as well catalog the recipes for future reference, digital preservation, and for general enjoyment. It will probably be a private blog because a lot of these recipes are my own invention or they are oooooooold family recipes handed down over generations and I'd like to preserve the intellectual property. Some of these are so good that I could totally see someone stealing them off of the internet and publishing them. Seriously good food.
So if you want an invitation, send me an email at my gmail account: camille.farias@gmail.com.

On a side note... this is my 400th blog post!!!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Dude, count me in. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try.

Also, while we're on the topic of recipes, I have been searching high and low for your pumpkin pie recipe you gave me last year. I can't seem to find where I wrote it down. I know it was the recipe off the Libby's label, but with some additions and changes or your own, but I can't remember what those changes were. Can you email it to me when you have a chance, please?

Natalie said...

ooh, me too.. although since I'm moving close, I can always pick your brain directly. :D

Ben and Mel said...

Count me in!!!