Ok. So after my freak out last week I decided to suck it up and give it one more go. I am currently trying to work out an appointment with one of the many fertility clinics around here. I'm going to give this one more shot, but I swear on my own grave that if these guys brush me off or even so much as HINT that they think I am a hypochondriac I will never go to a doctor again...
In unrelated news I will be performing a solo at Young Women in Excellence this evening. I am really lucky that I get as many opportunities to sing as I do. I love it so. I am kind of the go-to gal for all Soprano solos, which is odd because I'm actually an Alto. I think that in some other life I would have pursued music as a career, but I never really felt like it was a choice for me. It's nice to have the chance to continue to develop my talents as an adult, however. Some day I would like to get serious about it and go out for the MoTab. I think it would be jolly good fun.
Anyway, I have possibly the worst migraine of my life right now. I've been having migraines on a nearly daily basis for the past 3 weeks with no apparent cause except stress. Blech. Oh well. Nothing 3 Excedrin Migraine's and 2 cans of coke can't fix. I'm going to take a nap right now and hopefully sleep this off.
Update: Yowza. That was a bad migraine. It took about 3 hours for me to sleep off the overwhelming pain, and afterward I was sick for the rest of the night- nausea, heartburn, vertigo, and a general sense of drug-induced sleepiness. I only did so-so on my musical number because I couldn't stand up without starting to see stars, which does not help with breath support or annunciation. I full on messed up 2-3 times, but what-ev. I did the best I could under the circumstances, and I think the message of the piece came through.
It is now 8:30 a.m. on Monday, and I'm still feeling a little woozy. Hope this wears off soon or it's going to be a long day.
1 comment:
Sweetie, that sucks! I hope you're feeling better. I've been down with the flu but I'll be doing your pictures in the next couple of days and hopefully finishing them very soon. I guess I didn't know that you were a singer. I'd love to hear you sometime! That's a very cool talent to have!
Post a Comment