I've really done a terrible job of blogging this summer. Maybe it's because I have spent time doing so many of things that I just don't have the energy or motivation during the school year. Maybe it's because I'm trying to take advantage of every last bit of sunlight before it disappears in September. Maybe it's because I've been out at night more (my social agenda is much more nocturnal without a 7 year old tagging along). In any case, here's a rundown of the last 4 weeks or so.
Projects at home: cleaning and sealing grout in kitchen, baths, and entryways; washing windows- interior and exterior; obsessively tending my garden- I think it'll finally be "done" next year; touching up the paint in every room of the house; dusting everything ceiling to floor; cleaning and organizing the garage, crawl space, closets, kitchen cupboards, and office (I've made almost a dozen trips to DI!); embroidering and sewing 12 throw pillows for the media room; staining and building a bench for the entryway downstairs; printing and framing travel photos for the guest bedroom/bath.
Family outings: Manti Pageant (a Farias family tradition since 2002, when Lu and I first began dating); overnight visit from Jenny (my SIL) and Pam (Jenny's cousin-in-law) plus kids; Sister's get-together at Teri's house (we missed Emily, but were glad Sara and Melissa were there); my nephew Sam's b-day party in Orem with Sara's family; movie nights with the Reyes family; girls' night with Ana Farias and Ana Reyes.
Anyway, it's been a busy and fun fun fun summer so far. I only have about 4 more weeks of freedom left, so I'm trying to make the most of them. I only have 1 or 2 more projects on the agenda (staining the deck, building a cabinet for the guest bathroom and a shelf with hooks for the entry) so I'm hoping to get those done next week and then just spend the last 2 weeks or so vegging out and tanning in my back yard.
Sigh. I love summer SO much!
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! Go relax in the backyard for me, k?
Wow, you are a machine! It makes me tired thinking of all you've done. Way to be productive. I totally understand wanting to take advantage of your time off. Can't wait to see pics of your garden and improvements.
Post a Comment