I've been tagged!!
Here are the rules: You answer the questions below and at the end of the post you tag 4 people. Then go to their blog and comment to them that they have been tagged. My sister Emily tagged me on her blog so here we go...
What is your husband's name? Luis Ernesto Farias Cano
How long have you been married? Five years this August, but we started dating almost 7 years ago.
How long did you date? that question is subject to interpretation. We dated 8 months, broke up 6, and then got BACK together and immediately engaged because we realized that we can't live without each other. He actually had a girlfriend after we broke up, but had told his mother that if I ever called him again he'd propose on the spot. Sadly for her, he was a man of his word. We were engaged for 4 months. So if you count the "break" we dated for about 18 months.
How old is he? he turned 31 last month.
Who eats sweets? We both self medicate with desserts. I'm the more compulsive eater, though.
Who said "I Love You" first? I did, but just kind of jokingly. He picked me up and told me he thought I only weighed like 140 pounds (which I did NOT... I have'nt been that small since I was 10). I don't really remember when we started saying it for reals or who said it first. We really didn't think our relationship would be more than a casual fling based on anything more than physical attraction, and we both planned on breaking it off after a few dates. I'm not really good at sticking to a plan, though. :)
Who is taller? He's a foot taller than me. I LOVE being married to a really REALLY big guy for many reasons, the least of which is that I can always wear literally whatever shoes I feel like. His height is also great for reaching things on the top shelf, and finding him rapidly in a crowd.
Who can sing best? We sing equally well, but different styles. I'm more into choral stuff and he's a superior pop/ballad singer. One of my single favorite things about him is that he is always singing when he is happy. It always makes my day to hear him bust out a tune or two because he sings so well.
Who is smarter? We're pretty equally matched on this one. I'm more apt at the artsy-fartsy interpretive stuff and he's a more linear thinker. I did better in school, but that's because I have a pathological need to be the best at everything, and Luis always just did as much as he had to in order to get by because he's more relaxed with life. He's better with money and can calculate interest rates and payments and tips in his head. I can tell you what virtually any word means.
Who does the laundry? Both of us. We split all our chores in half. I wash, he puts away. Same with dishes, etc.
Who pays the bills? Mostly him. I hate money. It's too much math for me.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.
Who mows the lawn? He mows the grass, I handle the flower beds and vegetable garden.
Who cooks dinner? We both do. I do more often, but Luis makes a crazy mean jumbalaya.
Who drives? Luis. Always. I HATE driving.
Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Me. Luis is kind of macho like that.
Who kissed who first? Luis SO started that. It was our first real date (we'd been out once before for ice cream, but I had to go to work so it was only like an hour). I was kind of a slut back in the day, though, so I didn't stop him.
Who asked who out first? He also started that. He asked my pal Emanuel to set him up after he we met randomly. Apparently he thought I was irresistable and had to have my number. He says it was one of the only times he was ever nervous to ask a girl out, because he was kind of a womanizer and was used to getting dates with whoever he felt like dating, but thought I would actually shoot him down. I almost did reject the offer, because I was kind of waiting to see what was going to happen with a missionary, but he offered ice cream and I took the bait. Within two weeks I was officially no longer waiting for anyone.
Who wears the pants? I'm really bossy, but if we ever butt heads Luis wins because he's just so darn charming. I swear he's getting by in life on a combination of charisma, wit, and sheer physical presence.
What was your first big fight? We've only ever had two real fights in our marriage. One lasted about 2 years on and off over where we got to spend holidays. The other lasted about a year on and off (concurrent with the Christmas fight- it was a rough year for me) and was about X-Box night. We have disagreements, but we don't ever fight about them. Rock paper scissors has saved us on many occasions. However, when a topic comes up that we really won't budge on, it takes a while to put it to rest.
How did you meet? See above. I was pretty cute back in the day and Luis has a thing for blondes. He was selling tacos and I was hungry. We got into a conversation while he was preparing my order and it turned out we had a mutual friend. One thing led to another, and a few weeks later we were inseperable. Lucky for him I'm in to the whole tall dark and handsome thing, and I'm a sucker for all things foreign. I think we were both just looking for a fling, but surprise of all surprises... we were totally made for each other. Alas, my casual relationship turned into something real and now we're stuck with each other. ;) Sigh.
Ok. Now I tag my cousin Heather, and my friends Natalie, Alisha, and Amber.
2 comments:
Ok, I did it. :)
Had fun reading your blog. Congrats on the dress business. Looks awesome. Must agree-- You are witty. Very entertaining writing.
Post a Comment