Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dear Bobby

My dearest son,

It's been 18 days since we said goodbye. Your father and I miss you so much. On Friday, June 28th, we laid your ashes to rest under a big tree, just like I promised you that I would. Your family was there and we sang your favorite hymn, How Firm a Foundation. Well, I guess it's your second favorite. Far, Far Away on Judea's Plain is beautiful, but mommy thought that we probably shouldn't be singing Christmas songs at a graveside service in June.
I listen to our songs every day. I don't want to forget how singing to you feels. I don't want to forget anything about you. Remember this song? I sing it to Rosie, too. I know you are proud of her and how hard she is fighting to get well. She misses you, too, but I know that you are near her and watching over her.
We are so proud of you.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy








2 comments:

Nancy T said...

I pray for you and your family daily and continue to place your names on the prayer roll at the temple. My thoughts are with you often. Much love, Nancy Tregaskis

Alisha said...

Bobby is so lucky to have you, Luis, Andrei and Rosie as his family. And you are lucky to have him- he sounds like such a sweet soul. Sending many hugs and so much love. XOXO