Friday, November 11, 2011

I think I need medication. Or a nap. Yeah... probably just a nap.

So if you don't know what Shazam is, you should check it out. It's pretty much the greatest app known to man. Basically, when you hear a cool song on the radio or on tv or playing in the background at a store that you don't recognize, you can Shazam it, and the app will tell you the title and artist of the song and tag it for you.
I have been Shazaming things left and right, and today, I reviewed my list of tags. Apparently all the music that catches my attention and warrants the effort of finding my phone, unlocking it, opening my apps folder, selecting the program, and then tagging the song fits the same pattern. Out of 20 songs gathered over a period of four weeks, 18 of them were love songs in a minor key with heavy guitar tracks. EIGHTEEN. One of them was a song by Beck. The other was a techno dance beat.
I wonder what that says about me? That the Beatles left an indelible imprint on me at an early age and that's all I like to listen to now? That I'm depressed? Sleep deprived? Maybe cold weather makes me moody?
Anyway, in honor of my apparent psychosis (yet to be determined), here is the one song on my Shazam list that I'm currently obsessed with. Normally I'm not a fan of remakes of Beatles music. They are pretty much sacred to me, especially George Harrison (whom I am secretly in love with), but this one is just so good.

2 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

My Shazam list is 90% Doo Wop and Classic Rock. Are you surprised?

Camille Farias said...

The force is strong with you, Emily.