Saturday, April 23, 2011

No House

Well, we got word that the sale isn't going to go through. The whole modular home thing did us in at the end. I was super upset at first but I feel much better about it now. Luis and I had a long talk and decided that maybe the reason why nothing seems to ever work out is because we're not supposed to be moving at this point in our lives, so we've decided to put the whole house dilemma on hold for a while. We have a date in mind, but nothing's set in stone yet so it's not worth mentioning.
In related news, we also decided that there are a few more things that we need to change in our lives, one of which will have a big impact for me. I'll be changing to part-time teaching next year if my new principal will allow it. We both think that if I'm not stretched so thin at work our whole family will benefit.
So that's that.
Tomorrow is Easter, which is a time for new beginnings, so maybe this is just what we need.

3 comments:

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

ahhh...that is sad news, BUT looks like you are handling it well and rolling with the punches. I hate it when I try for something and it just isn't the right time for it...so frustrating, but I always feel better when I admit my own mortal defeat and hand it over completely to someone with far more power.

Natalie said...

that's frustrating. but it's something to listen to the right timing - the first house we tried buying a few years ago didn't work out and it's one of the best things that never happened to us. :)

Ben and Mel said...

We bought a house when the timing wasn't right and are now suffering the consequences! I REALLY hope the teaching will work out! It will make you a free-er you!