We sold the house, finally! Hooray! We had our closing last Wednesday and signed over our investment property to the local health care megaplex for a tidy profit. We picked up the check for said profit Thursday. Now to get busy finding somewhere to invest again.
In other news, we may or may not have a case of the chicken pox at our place. Andrei woke up Monday morning with a bunch of mysterious red bumps all over his cheeks. They look like pimples without whiteheads, or like tiny burns from the size of a pin head to the size of a pencil eraser. I thought they looked weird, but he has really bad skin and always has some sort of rash or bumps or whatever, so I put it on my list of "things to keep an eye on but not worry about right now." He was fine all day, although a tad irritable. Today, though, he's been a hot mess. I tried to go out shopping earlier to spruce up the place because I may or may not enter photos of my house into a contest for a magazine. Andrei was fussy and difficult at Michaels. At Home Decor Fabrics he lay down on the ground groaning for 10 minutes while I browsed. I had to carry him out of the store. Needless to say I didn't buy anything at either place. He said he was tired and didn't feel well, and that he wanted to take a nap. That's REALLY out of character.
We went home and he tossed and turned in my bed for nearly an hour. He then decided he was well enough to go to Costco, so I took him, and while shopping there I noticed the mystery bumps have spread to his upper arms, back, and legs. He said he thought they were mosquito bites because they were itchy. He is now in the media room downstairs watching Coraline (possibly the best kids' movie EVER) and munching on popcorn. Aside from itchiness and fatigue he is also complaining of a stomach ache, achy joints, and sore lymph nodes on his neck.
All you moms out there (or non-moms with kid experience) does this sound like the chicken pox? Should I take him in to get checked out, or wait a few more days to see if whatever it is clears up on its own?
No comments:
Post a Comment