Friday, August 14, 2009

List Thingy

This is one of those bucket list things- you know, stuff you should experience before you die or something like that. I saw this on Alisha's blog and thought it would be the PERFECT time waster. Since, you know, I don't have anything better to do. Oh wait...
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars Philmont, baby!
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped- ain't gonna happen.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea- Actually it wasn't very lightning-y and I wasn't on a boat, but I was in a plane and there were definitely storm clouds, and I was flying over the ocean. Does that count?
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch- a couple
15. Adopted a child- probably won't until my 30's
16. Had food poisoning- two words for you Mexican takeout
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked- not officially, but I have caught a lot of rides from people who saw me walking alone on the street. Does that count?
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill- I prefer to think of them as "mental health" days.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb- didn't hold it but I fed one and have petted a few and I once milked a goat
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon- the closest I've ever come is a fun run for a school fundraiser. Lame!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- nope. Just the gondolas at the Venetian in Las Vegas on my honeymoon.
29. Seen a total eclipse- when I was like 5 or 6.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community- no, but I did see a lot of Amish people in Mexico. They have a thriving Menonite community in Chihuahua. They make great cheese.
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- next year, maybe?
39. Gone rock climbing- just those lame wall climbing deals. I sucked and couldn't even make it half way up.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Faked a foreign accent
44. Visited Africa- This may not ever happen after seeing a recent Discovery Chanel special on parasites. Yick!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Bought a stranger a meal or gave money to a homeless person
47. Had your portrait painted- I painted myself. I think that counts.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Gone without food or water for 24 hours or longer- not for a while, but I have done it in the past.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- nope, but I took a lot of pictures of the bottom of it, and got some awesome pictures of it from the Sacre Couer.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain- This was the culminating moment of a very dorky 17 year-old romance.
53. Played in the mud- Um. Yeah. A few times. Cough... cough.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- Hells yeah! Why aren't there more of those these days? They are my fave.
55. Been in a movie- not as cool as it sounds. I was filmed for an educational training video
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class- I took kickboxing, though, for a few months when I was 25
59. Stayed up for 24 hours with NO sleep at all- yes. It was funny.
60. Served at a soup kitchen- actually I showed up to help, but they didn't want my help and sent me away b/c there were already too many volunteers. I count that, though.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching- only at Sea World, baby!
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- I'm such a wimp. I don't even know what blood type I am. I did, however, sell my blood once.
65. Gone sky diving- NEVER going to happen.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- possibly next summer?
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter or hot air balloon
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt- many times
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job- define fired... ahem. cough. cough.
76. Changed a lightbulb- duh.
77. Broken a bone- just my baby toe.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book- someday. someday. I finally have a really juicy plot for one, but more research needs to be done on turn of the century border towns and Catholicism. No. This has NOTHING to do with Dan Brown.
81. Visited the Vatican- also next summer, possibly.
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Mowed the lawn- like every week.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper- when I was like 6 for the Miss Piggy costume that won me 3rd place in the school Halloween costume contest.
85. Read the entire Bible not cover to cover, though.
86. Visited the White House- just the outside, though. I got a great tour of the Capitol Building the same day. I got to see the inside of a Senator's office.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- just fish.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life- Trust me. I'm handy to have around.
90. Sat on a jury- No. YAY!
91. Met someone famous- I saw Gary Coleman at the Chevron station by my house. He was in town for dialysis. I later realized my fly was down the whole time. One of the most embarrassing experiences of my life.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Eaten Sushi
95. Seen the Alamo in person- apparently it does NOT have a basement. :)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no. It stinks. Why would anyone WANT to swim in something that smells like a rendering plant? I have been there many times, though.
97. Been involved in a law suit- yes, but only as a witness. I don't think that really counts, does it?
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee only on my baby toe. Wait a minute. I think my baby toe must be cursed!
100. Been in a Parade

Here's some more that I think SHOULD be on the list:
101: passed through the US/Mexico border in El Paso
102: graduated from college
103: married the love of your life
104: traveled through a country where you don't speak the language without a guide
105: ridden a riverboat on the great Mississippi river
106: crossed the Golden Gate Bridge
107: learned how to make Hollandaise Sauce
108: had to chose between paying rent and eating
109: ridden in a subway car
110: owned a horse
111: performed in Carnegie Hall
112: made a friend who changed your entire life
113: been in a twin engine prop plane
114: been to the top of the Empire State Building
115: milked a cow


Wow. I feel better about the first 27 years. I wonder what the next 27 have in store? Back to work now!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

See,we think our lives are lame, but then it turns out we've done some cool stuff! :)

For the ones you added:
(x) 101: passed through the US/Mexico border in El Paso
(I did it into Tijuana)
102: graduated from college- not yet
(x) 103: married the love of your life- yep!
104: traveled through a country where you don't speak the language without a guide
105: ridden a riverboat on the great Mississippi river
(x) 106: crossed the Golden Gate Bridge
107: learned how to make Hollandaise Sauce
(x) 108: had to choose between paying rent and eating
109: ridden in a subway car
110: owned a horse
111: performed in Carnegie Hall
(x) 112: made a friend who changed your entire life
113: been in a twin engine prop plane
114: been to the top of the Empire State Building
115: milked a cow