Saturday, November 22, 2008

Huh.

So this week has been really quiet. REALLY quiet. We had our last scout meeting (hooray!) seeing as they finally released us from the calling after asking 4 or 5 times. I had my last BEEDE class until January (that's the class I have to take to get my ESL teaching endorsement). I also had the last real instructional time with my classes until after Thanksgiving. I feel like things are winding down now, and the manic pace I've been functioning at will start to tone down to a more normal level of insanity now. Thank heavens. I was seriously starting to lose it.
Anyway, Andrei is with his mom this weekend seeing as we'll have him for most of next week, and he's doing a lot better in his after school program, according to his after school teacher. He got suspended last week and had to stay with me from 3-6 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Apparently there was an incident with him poking some kid with a pencil. It wasn't a big deal to us, but I guess his school takes poking very seriously, so we tried to be supportive.
Anyway, things are starting to feel a lot better.
Nothing really new or exciting happened this week, so I don't have much more to add, except that I got to watch a movie on tv this morning before coming to work at the store, because I didn't have to take care of anyone, or share the remote. That was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

No comments: