So I spent a great deal of time on Saturday vegging out and making my ultimate 80's playlist. Andrei spent the weekend with his mom (for the first time in literally I don't know how long) and I took advantage of not having a kid attached to my hip all weekend by doing a whole lot of pointless stuff that makes me happy!
Aside from the playlist, which you can listen to here in all its glory, I took an excessive ammount of time today making quite possibly the most delicious quiche I've ever eaten, utilizing ingredients from my kitchen garden. I'm really going to miss that garden this winter when I can't just go outside any time I want to grab onions, tomatoes, and peppers. I love quiche and I never get around to cooking it during the week because it's quite time consuming, and I only bother cooking kid-friendly dishes on the weekend because Andrei' is the pickiest eater on the planet.
I also took a THREE hour nap today after church, which I haven't been able to do on a non-sick day for years. It was glorious.
So here's to 80's music, and thanks to my sisters Terra, Tiffani, Sara, and Peggy for inspiring most of this playlist. I would never have known who Whitesnake, Chicago, Depeche Mode, or Bananarama were without you. And here's to myself for growing the most prolific tomato plants of all time. They're producing an average of 2-3 pounds of ripe tomatoes a week these days. If you want to know my secrets I'll be happy to share them. And here's to Jerly for finally stepping up and being a mom for once in her kid's lifetime.
It was a good weekend!
3 comments:
Glad you had a good weekend. You deserve it.
Awesome playlist! I hit play and immediate flew back to those long summer days of doing our chores, "playing" Barbies and laying out in the back yard...
Good times :)
All I want is your extra time and your *kiss*
Post a Comment