Saturday, August 2, 2008

WTF!?

Today was like the most random day I've had in a while. The highlights were getting chewed out by my former business associate's client. It was not my client, mind you... it was her client who was mad that she flaked out on a project and therefore began oozing toxic anger an anything she could pin it on, so I had to take about 75 minutes of verbal abuse today, which was rough. It had some good effects, however, namely that Jenny and I finally hashed out a business contract that we both feel good about. 
Then the day took a really bizarre switch and at Luis's recognition dinner tonight he won a $700 laptop computer from his employers! It was one of the best prizes they gave out, and he got it because they picked his name out of the hat 3rd out of 100 names. So while I'm on the line dealing with the fallout from the morning's appointment he's on sitting by me winning huge prizes. I guess that's karma, though. I just wish that karma wasn't as overly dramatic as it tends to be in my life. I always seem to be getting into situations that are both extremely horrible and amazingly wonderful at the same time, like when my parents divorced the weeks before I got married. 
Anyway, I know this is turning into an even more pointless rant than usual, so I'll wrap it up. In the vein of Springer, though, I have a closing thought... If your life is boring and seems to have no major highs and lows, enjoy the smooth ride. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Cam, I don't have anything profound or funny to say, I just wanted to tell you that I love you, I think you're really great, and I always have.

Love,
Me